Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Reflection/ Capture 7

Last week during class I got sick and I ran out so that I could throw up in the bathroom. But I am sure all the presentations were amazing. As far as observations went I had a great time at the autobody class. I wish I could have taken this class in highschool. It was very infomative. The teacher was great and really knew what he was talking about. I think that is the hard part about this major. We seem to learn a little bit about everything but I don't feel like an expert of anything. I feel like I want to learn about everything but when it comes to teaching something I need to be an authority on it. The teachers of the classes we've observed knew a LOT about the subjects that they were teaching. When I am a teacher I want to be like that. It's hard for me to pick the subject that I want to teach. I am fairly intrested in everything. That is why I chose to go to the Auto class because I don't know very much about auto shop, and I wanted to see how I liked it. It was intresting for sure but I don't think I am qualified to teach a class like that.

It seems like most of the classes I have observed are taught by teachers who worked in the industry and did not study teaching. That makes me wonder if I need to modify my course of study. Over all I am really glad we had the oppertunity to go and observe in classrooms. That was the most informative activitiy I think we could do as TEE students wanting to be future teachers.

This week I also started a teaching job. It's been a great experience working with the students. It is a wonderful learning experience. I love doing it and I am sure I will continue to improve and learn a lot about writing lesson plans and teaching methods. One thing I really like is that in our training meetings we are taught to focus on activities where the students can practice what they are learning. We are advised to have half the lesson be an activity where they can do what they learned. This helps the students really learn and makes the instruction more focused on preparing them to be able to do something. It also provides a grea oppertunity to encourage them as they practice. I think it applies very much to our major.

No comments:

Post a Comment