Thursday, October 14, 2010

Capture Reflection 6

Today in class we took the Technology Literacy Evaluation Exam. I was glad that we did this because it forced me to become more familiar with Microsoft Office. Usually in this major we spend our time becoming familiar with Adobe Programs. I like Adobe and am grateful that I am learning about it. Microsoft Office seems more simple and easy to learn, but I am glad we had something which forced us to sit down and learn it and become more familiar with what is available through it. I learned a lot about powerpoint actually it is very cool! Excell has many possibles I never understood. The Internet evaluation was a piece of cake and the Word Activity was easy, easy.
In class on Tuesday it was great to see other people teach. I liked learning about medical technologies it was really interesting. It is neat to consider the broad spectrum of our major. The first teacher taught something very specific a brain reading technology that allows quadriplegics to perform functions a computer. I had never heard of that before! It was amazing. We considered the ethical issues attached to this technology and then debated them as a class. It was probably my favorite lesson. There were more general lessons which considered and discussed medical technologies and medical technology systems as a whole. I find the very broad classes a little bit boring. The technology is interesting but when we really get into something specific we can see who impressive it is and how it affects a particular aspect of society. I liked Evan's lesson which compared X-rays, cat scans, and Imaging. This evaluated the progression of technology and he used a sweet analogy to show how it improved over time. He cut tomatoes and compared the methods of analyzing them: holding them up to the projector light, slicing them, and observing them whole. It was great! I am a little nervous about what and how I cam going to present, but I will try to be specific and I will try to use some sweet analogies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment